Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer in Prague

[NOTE: You can click on any of these images for a larger version of the photograph.]

Over the past week the weather's often been cool and rainy even though summer solstice was just a few days ago. But the days are long, the light is beautiful, and Petrin hill is still here for me to climb. On warm days I stop to sit on a bench and look down over the city:
I still take pictures of wildflowers on the hill -- this is a field scabious (Knautia arvensis):
But the full summer foliage makes it hard to take pictures of local birds. I did manage to capture this magpie on the gutter of the roof next door:
Among the sights on Petrin that I haven't posted pictures of yet is this tiny hutlike chapel:
And because of the rain, there are now lots of land snails on Petrin, making their slow steady progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...