Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Breezy Day and a Sleepy Dove

Because today is a warm, breezy day, I washed clothes, then hung them out to dry. I live in Tucson, Arizona, where we have around 300 sunny days each year, so using a clothes dryer is a real waste of electricity. Besides, I love the smell of line-dried clothes.

I noticed this little Inca dove perched on the stump of a dead tree limb, and I took a number of pictures. The dove was resting in the sun and didn't seem to mind me and my camera. We have other types of doves here: ground doves, mourning doves, and in the summer white-winged doves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...