Friday, September 19, 2014

Learning About Climate Change

I finished my Climate Change in Four Dimensions course at Coursera, and I got my certificate. You can see it here.

The course was meaningful and challenging, as MOOCs often are. One important thing is that I now know a lot more about the extent of greenhouse gas emissions and how the greenhouse effect works. But, equally importantly, I was introduced to the work of Professor Naomi Oreskes, whose book Merchants of Doubt (coauthored with Erik M. Conway) tells, as its subtitle indicates, "How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming." Review coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...