Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Living Within Limits

I have always loved women's magazines -- the recipes, the tips for saving money and avoiding waste, etc. -- but I'm a vegetarian and very concerned about the environment, so the magazines weren't as fun as I wished they were. In this blog I intend to talk about what home means to me, whether it's cooking great vegan recipes or putting up a birdfeeder in the backyard. Today's post will be a short one and finish on a sweet note: a hummingbird at the backyard feeder (you can see a larger version of this photo by clicking on the image):

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...