Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fashion Sense Looks Forward to Alice in Wonderland

Fashion Sense is back again after a long break because the new Alice in Wonderland movie is coming out soon here in the U.S. (and in Europe unless a threatened boycott sends it back down the rabbit hole). We just couldn't overlook the fact that Lewis Carroll invented the original mad tea party, nor could we resist an opportunity to celebrate Johnny Depp. [Click on the image for a larger version of of this cartoon. The text reads: 'My neighbor’s name is Alice, same as mine, but she belongs to America, Drink Your Freedom, which is one of those tea party groups, so the only thing we have in common besides our name is a major crush on Johnny Depp, and when I saw her yesterday, she said, “I can’t wait to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie, but Johnny doesn’t look very sexy in that orange mad hatter wig,” and I said, “Even though he plays odd roles People Magazine just called him sexiest man in the world again!” and she said, “Yeah, I drooled over him when he was wearing all that funky makeup in Sweeney Todd, although not when he was cross-dressing in angora sweaters in Ed Wood,” and I said, “A cannibalistic murdering barber was less of a turn-off than Ed Wood? That’s absurd,” and she said, “Oooooh… I forgot; you moonbats are so politically correct you make the March hare look sane. By the way, how’s your rabbit?” and I said, “He gets a little crazy in March, too, but he never denies global warming or says waterboarding isn’t torture,” and she said, “Another turn-off for me was when Johnny played that gonzo reporter in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He was madder than a hatter like most liberal journalists,” and I said, “When Johnny plays the mad hatter in Alice he’ll get some firsthand experience with wingnut ideology at the mad tea party,” and she said, “Johnny played Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow. Now there’s somebody who would be appalled at what you and your ilk have done to this country in the past 200 years,” and I said, “In 2003 the real Johnny Depp said that America was like a big, dumb, aggressive puppy with big teeth,” and my neighbor obviously had forgotten about that and stood there for a long time trying to think of a comeback until I said, “I’m late for a meeting with my rabbit,” and scampered off.']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...