Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Red Hot Chili Peppers Save Water


PETA just named its sexiest vegetarians for 2008 (Leona Lewis and Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers), but all vegetarians are pretty special because they use less of many valuable resources, including that most precious one of all -- water. [Click on the image for a larger version of this cartoon. The text says: 'Kiki invited me to lunch so I could see her new house and pool, and I said, "Warning: I'm a vegetarian now," and she said, "I thought only stunted and oddball people like Dennis Kucinich are vegetarians," and I said, "PETA just named its sexiest vegetarians of the year, and Anthony Kiedis was one of them," and what could Kiki say, because she was wearing a Red Hot Chili Peppers tee-shirt and listening to them on her iPod even as we spoke, and at her house she gave me a nice salad, and when we went out to the pool she said, "I was wondering if you would take this goose off my hands," and I said, "But I thought he was an emergency organic meal," and she said, "I recently ate some goose meat, and it was horrible, and also he keeps swimming in the pool which really drives up the cleaning bills," and I said, "Speaking of wasting water, I'm glad I'm a vegetarian because it's one of the best things you can do to conserve water," and Kiki said, "I just went on the Atkins diet again so I asolutely have to have meat -- I mean, when it's a question of survival, you have to ignore the side issues, right?" and I would have argued about what constitutes a question of survival, but just then Kiki ran into the house to get me all the goose's accessories so I could take him home today.']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...