Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Leech Therapy vs. Celebrity Babies



The media are so excited about the upcoming birth of Brangelina's twins that Entertainment Tonight reported it had already happened (which it hasn't), and Jolie and Pitt will probably get $10 million for the first pictures of their babies. Considering the resources these star children will use, their upcoming births aren't really so exciting after all. [Click on the image for a larger version of this cartoon. The text reads: 'I decided not to go see Sex and the City because it would only make me feel bad -- not only can I not afford all those designer clothes but lately my life might as well be called Sexless and the City; I mean between my leech therapy business and the fact that I'm a fruitarian and president of the ferret rescue network, there are very few men who would even consider coming to my place let alone being naked in it, but on the other hand I don't really mind not having to worry about getting pregnant, because I don’t think I'll ever be ready for kids, even though having babies is very much in vogue; I mean Brangelina's unborn twins are the subject of so much fascinated speculation that big magazines are offering $10 million for the first pictures of the kids, which will supposedly go to charity, but talk about leeches, those twin babies are going to suck up so much of the world's limited resources it's amazing, and they’ll undoubtedly grow up to live a far more consumer-oriented lifestyle than the women in Sex and the City, so I guess I’m actually proud of my environmentally friendly lifestyle, but it would be nice if leeches were better company.']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...