Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First Fashion Sense Cartoon Celebrates Prince Fielder


My first Fashion Sense cartoon was done in response to the news that baseball player Prince Fielder of the Milwaukee Brewers had decided to become a vegetarian. [Click on the image for a larger version of the cartoon. The text reads: 'When I came to Kiki’s place for lunch I wasn’t really expecting steak tartare, and I said, “It’s practically still alive,” and she said, "Mmmmm, bloody delicious," so I said, "Did you hear that Prince Fielder became a vegetarian?"and she had no idea who Prince Fielder is because baseball is so blue collar and she would never be caught dead, etc., etc., and I said, "He’s a first baseman and he felt bad about animals," and then I said, "Did you see those half-dead downer cows in the video?" and she said, "Well, this beef is organic and zero carbs," and I couldn’t finish mine, so while she’s getting coffee I'm letting the bird eat the meat which she said was OK because she’s raising him organic, and trying not to get too attached to him because you never know when you'll have an emergency when not being afraid of a little blood will be an advantage, and I think I’m beginning to feel queasy...']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...