Thursday, April 10, 2008

Favorite Daytime TV Host


I like Ellen, but no matter what the polls say, I love Oprah for the puppy mill show that she dedicated to her dog. And Phil Donahue's movie, Body of War, is out now, too, which is what makes him our favorite talk show host. [Click on the image for a larger version of the cartoon. The text reads: 'Brie was here and she said, “According to some poll, Ellen DeGeneres is America’s favorite talk show host, and you know I love Ellen,” and I said, “I heard that, too, but I don’t think people like her more than Oprah,” and Brie said, “They said Larry King is least sexy,” and I said, “Duh!” and we talked about talk show hosts for a while, and finally I said, “Do you remember Phil Donahue?” and she said, “I think he was married to Marlo Thomas, and I ever so vaguely remember ‘That Girl,’” and I said, “They kicked Donahue off the air because he was controversial, but he just made a movie about a paralyzed Iraq veteran,’ and then I said, ‘I love Oprah, but Phil Donahue is my favorite talk show host now,’ and Brie said, ”Well, he’s not on any more, so he can’t be,’ and I said, “ We should start a campaign to bring him back,” but Brie said she was already multitasking and hardly had time to be here in the first place, which I found kind of insulting, and then I said, “Remember that dog Ellen gave away that she shouldn’t have? Well, Oprah dedicated a whole show to her dog,” and Brie left in a huff, and my dog and I watched Oprah on the laptop, so we could be multitasking too...']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...