Thursday, April 10, 2008

Demi Moore's Leech Therapy and the Health Care Crisis


Demi Moore's leech therapy seems so medieval, but so does the lack of affordable health care in the United States! [Click on the image for a larger version of the cartoon. The text reads: 'I'm a big believer in alternative medicine, and I go for shiatsu and a chiropractic workover at least once a month, but when Demi Moore told Letterman about her leech therapy -- I mean she said they put leeches in her belly button (her term, not mine) to suck out the toxins -- I began to wonder what that meant about the zeitgeist, and I know leeches have medical uses, and they say Demi's trying lots of rejuvenating possibilities because she's a little desperate about being 15 years older than her husband, but it sounds so medieval, and yet with the way things are going in our healthcare system, it's probably only a matter of time before your only option is to go to the barber for a good bleed, because everything else is so expensive and insurance rates just keep going up, and a lot of other medieval things are coming back -- like torture -- so I decided to adopt a few leeches of my own because they say the recession is coming, and I can always use extra ways to supplement my income.']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...