Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Belated Comment on the Latest Galliano Collection

Then I decided that it was better late than never to comment on the latest Galliano collection, otherwise known as torture couture. [Click on the image for a larger version of the cartoon. The text reads: 'I was out walking the tortoise, which can take forever, and I ran into Liv, who was on her way to that new salon, and she said, “Have you seen the Galliano collection for men?” and I said, “No, why?” and she said, “People are saying it's inspired by Abu Ghraib, and the models have bleeding neck and chest wounds, and they're wearing hoods and nooses,” and I said, “Wow, that's edgy,” and she said, “Gotta run,” and by then the tortoise had gone into his shell and it took me forever to coax him out, and I said, “That’s not edgy, that’s sick,” but the tortoise never listens to a word I say, though on the other hand I’m glad I’ll have something to say to Liv next time because I am just a tiny bit intimidated by her.']

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Edifice for the Unwanted" Sculpture at Tucson’s Los Reales Sustainability Campus Is an Artful Invitation to Learn About Our Landfill

  I live on the west side of Tucson near the section of Shannon Road that dead ends not far from a steep hill. Hiking websites say that the ...